I first met akaKev about 5 years ago. during one of first conversations i called him something like "stupid and lazy", he then called me "racist against black people". I remember thinking that right then and there that he was out of his damn mind: What black man tells a black woman that she's racist... towards black people? Anyway, this was the beginning of a beautiful friendship! He was asking to get the homework assignment for a class we were both in and I mistook him for wanting to copy the entire assignment off of me. We were in a challenging programming class and I seriously took offense to someone who I barely knew to ask for the solutions
so bluntly.
All his crazy stories sounded like a bunch of lies, they were just too outrageous but they were no doubt entertaining so I kept speaking with him. We disagreed/argued a lot but we still socialized and at one point started working on our class assignments
together. Through our arguments and late night study sessions we got to know each other and appreciate our love-hate, mostly hate relationship. I realized he appeared as a prick to many people on campus, but beyond that he was a genuinely good person, ha.
Definitely a character I'll write about more about at a later time.
I remember he came to visit me when I lived out of state one summer. He was supposed to stay for a weekendor 2 days and wound up staying for 2 weeks. Simply because he didn't want to leave. This was when he started having feelings for me that ran deeper than friendship. That was an interesting patch to get over and I'm glad we did cuz he makes a helluva friend but from what I've seen, he's a crap boyfriend.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment