It's been a month since I quit my last "good job", aka, the Corporate Gig from hell and I've been up to a few things. I'll summarize before I elaborate:
1- Took a 10 day vacation to see London and Paris.
2- Went to Disney World
3- Temping as a "live-in-nanny", and if hey, I start teaching them Spanish, I guess I can call myself an au pair.
4- Had one job interview and maybe 3 different phone screenings.
5- Learned how to make lasagna.
Europe:
I never had time to do anything when I was working. I got to save money but then didn't have the time to spend it on something I like to do: travel. I figured I'd start looking for a job after getting back from Europe, why not? I took advantage of a good friend I have who currently lives in London and took advantage of another great friend (and now former co-worker) I have in Paris, le city of love.
Mickey Mouse:
Sweetheart and I broke up, no surprise there. However, before heading to London (and after breaking up) I flew to visit him for a weekend where he kept true on his promise to one day take me to Disney.
The Nanny:
How do I go from living alone for the past two years in unfamiliar cities and states to living in a house with three children under the age of six? I think I've found my moneymaker. Someone please go get me a reality show.
Jobs
I'm currently looking for a "real" job. I've had two phone screenings that I flopped on. In one, I thought the company was really big so I mentioned to the manager that I wouldn't want to work for a small company. Later when I didn't get a callback I found the company had about 300 employees. Another potential interview I think I blew was when I asked to speak to Cesar many times over, and the HR person was indeed named Carl. Oh well, my third phone interview/screen landed me an in-person interview with a very prestigious media organization (I'm currently waiting to hear back from them).
Lasagna
It's nice to be home despite the madness of nannying. How nice to be able to just hang out with a good friend and not have to worry about how to get there. To be at home means to be able to be within reach (1hour or less) versus the former plane and bus rides to come home. So my friend taught me how to make lasagna :) I'd been meaning to learn for a while now.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cesar=carl. =)
got your message about the jersey, good to know all that hard work paid off. =))
Yay, blogging again!
Post a Comment