My minimal spending budget has inspired many new outfits out of existing pieces that I stopped wearing altogether. Maybe to conmemorate the fact that I began a new fiscal year, and that i survived the Month/Quarter, and Year-end activites (all while being guided by a uncommunicative trainer who liquid dances on his spare time and has very little social skills) I should iron everything iron-able in my closet. And maybe then I wont have to iron again till next quarter.
I made it to Spring without buying any new clothing. Now I'm setting myself up to see how much I can hold off buying until i move. It's a little neurotic but i see something i like and tell myself that it's coming out of my down payment, this has done the trick so far.
One thing I do know is that once I start shopping again, umm, I need a lil more color in my wardrobe. I went through a tans and neutral phase, and now I'm stuck in black and dark colors. I can't even blame the fact that i'm back in nyc, cuz the clothes were part of my repertoire before I got here.
Actually, I have made one purchase this year that was completely understandable. I got pearls! A co-worker went to China and I told her to bring me back 30 dollars worth of any pearl she could find since the pearl market there is inexpensive. I was very happy with the results. $30 USD later I had a set of earrings and a bracelet that I happily wore and was completely distracted by for the first two days I wore them.
Being who I am, what else was I to rock it with on a ironing strike? Why cargo pants, tim's, and a button down of course. Have i ever mentioned liking my job's dress code policy?No midriffs, nor workout clothes. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment