Monday, March 24, 2008

Nomad no more! The Easter edition.

After starting off the 3-day weekend at an unsatisfactory slow pace which consisted of twelve and fourteen hour hiberntation sessions (all those late night blog posts finally caught up with me), I was finally productive today.

I went property hunting today and saw a place that I am going to make an offer on and that I actually really liked: location, price, size, oh and price. It feels a little surreal and I'm not sure I want to have them necessary accept my offer right away because now it feels like it's happening too quickly. But I definitely plan to make 3 offers on 3 different apartments (coops and condos) this week and get some price negotiations under my belt. (I learned today that I can make offers and negotiate without having signed a contract. Not that I'm trying to waste anyone's time by making offers on 3 apartments, but hey, it may happen, sucks to be a seller).

When I saw the beautiful bargain today, why didn't i want to immediately jump on it? I quickly remembered the following:
  • I have lived in 3 different countries.
  • Within the US, I have lived in 6 states. 3 of these 6 states were an occurrence of the past two years.
  • Even when i lived in NY, we would move to a new apartment on average every two years.
  • And within NY, I have lived in 3 different cities.

Even though I don't plan to live in the same place for 30 years, the thought of a 30 year mortgage, that's more years than what I have been alive is ... what's the word? Terrifying. Daunting. Overwhelming. And then again, exciting and anxiety-causing.

1 comment:

sojourness said...

Come on Cheeky, it's been 4 days... don't stop now! :P