I spent this past weekend saying goodbye to two dear friends. I was actually hesitant to go to both events because I didn't want to be saddened, but just the opposite happened. I'm really happy to see friends doing well and accomplishing greater things with themselves.
Sojourness- she's leaving the country for 3 months to travel in Asia. The first time I experienced world travel she hadn't yet and I wanted it for her so bad. Since then, she's been to a few places but Asia is going to be very different. Bonus points at her farewell: 1- she gave me some cool, comfy sandals and 2- i learned which karaoke songs to stay away from for the rest of my life.
Teacher - We've both grown a lot since we met each other, I wouldn't say that we've grown apart. There was an almost one year period after college in which we spoke everyday for at least an hour about just life and our daily happenings. When I moved back to Brooklyn, I thought we'd automatically see each other constantly but this was not the case. She's leaving for graduate/PhD work in New Orleans and is going to be away for at least seven years, I thought for sure the goodbye would be a cry-fest but it was such "I can't wait for you to visit me for Mardi Gras " moment.
Things learned at Teacher's goodbye:
Cranium is absolutely the best board game ever. I'd never played it before but now think I need to have a party just so I can have players.
I got to see that her boyfriend is such a genuinely good person and is almost good enough for my friend. (who is? come on!)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"who is? come on!"
i feel the same way about you. :)
It was wonderful to see you and I so wish you could be here. You wouldn't believe it love!
Post a Comment