Tuesday, January 29, 2008

blog written while i was at work and wanted to look busy

...so please excuse the grammar, punctuation, etc. i did it in notepad in very small font cuz i didnt wnat anyone to accidently want to read what i was up to.

I left my house thrice over the weekend. Once to buy picture frames- time of excursion: 10 minutes. A second time to move my car to the other side of the street: 5 minutes. A third time to find something I left in my car: 2 minutes.

Lately, I haven't been the most physically fit person. I hereby proclaim all Tuesdays Wednesdays as Gym Days. Today is MOnday, let's not get too overzealous here.

I don't enjoy being a sloth, but it's a habit that must be broken cold-turkey.

I can make lots of excuses, some, well, a lot of them ridiculous as to why I should postpone working out.

For ie, I actually don't want to lose weight. Last time I attended a gym regularly, my friends commented on my weight loss. I have a slim build, i don't want to be slimmer, i just want to be healthier (more energy, muscle definition/ toned, stamina, run to catch a train and not hyperventilate afterwards, etc, normal stuff). So i've used this as an excuse, the 'i dont want to waste away'. well guess what? i should just have some ice cream and protein shakes, right? the gym it is.

other former excuse,
i have no time. well, i just got a new job, and they respect work-life balance, the hours are more banker hours than grueling corporate america spend no time with your kids hours. i come in later, but i also leave later (and this is sometimes even earlier than the times i would leave at my former employment). i actually could technically go to the gym before work! and this would be at a time that im already used to getting up unwillingly (cuz anytime i have to leave my bed, it is done unwillingly)

i dont want to spend the money. well guess what, im not broke, just dont have as much as i'd like to. and since i dont pay for my internet, (thank you neighbor, bearer of unsecured network signals), i guess i could rationalize the whole, i save on internet, why not splurge on gym membership? it's also the beginning of the year, the best time, if any, to get a bargain.

i dont have the time. yes i do. im single, have no children, don't volunteer, but i have a problem. im addicted to the internet. i google everything, youtube is gonna cause me bedsores, diy websites ( for project i actually start) are a weakness of mine.

wednesday is my gym day- run on a bike for a few minutes, then lift weights, and some crunches and lunges.

that's all. maybe a tae- bo tape along the way, who knows?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i blog in outlook--easier to save if i have to quickly close it...