Wednesday, July 16, 2008

my brown bag

I looked at the chicken parmesan in the fridge from the night before. It was in a Ziploc; just before I put it in my tote I saw there was another portion in a Tupperware container. I debated which one to pack but then remembered that I left my Tupperware at work the day before, it was only fair that I now have to take my lunch to work in a plastic bag.

As I made my second attempt to rush out the door he asked if I remembered my lunch. Did I pack the right lunch? How do you know which one is mine, I asked, expecting a smart response about having forgotten my Tupperware at work. "I put extra sauce in yours. You like sauce, right," he half-stated half-asked, but it was more a statement because he was right.

I rushed out of the door for the third and final time with the correct lunch.

1 comment:

sojourness said...

Are you living together?? :)