So I'm still very much digging the new scene at work. I mean just last week I wore my skinny jeans to work. Not that this means "bye-bye button down". I've accumulated too many of those during my Fortune 10 days to think to neglect 65% of my current wardrobe.And I have finally gotten some more meaningful work to do. I can't believe how much of a worker bee I am, kinda gross, kinda not. It's just been frustrating to watch others do what I know I can do as well and be told to, "sit tight. once [they're] not busy [they'll] get to me".
Also, since this company isn't centered around IT, and since I'm in IT, like 90% of the office gets a higher salary than me. And it's not that it's about the money, but when I started to see this (I do the project financials for the entire office),urgh, it just irked me. Seriously, what are some of these people doing that I can't do? So if I'm underworked or overqualified or both for my current position, this does not mean that I am complaining or worrying. I was just making an observation.
I give myself six-eight months to get "promoted."
1 comment:
so much to say about this. but i'll skip all the rest and say that you can pass button-downs my way because as you recall, i plan on burning all the shirts i have here due to the whole laundry machine thing. =)
Post a Comment