Just after midnight Sweetheart sent me a "Happy Valentine's Day" text.
The morning started with an IM from the Great Pretender, he wanted my work phone number. I shouldn't be so spiteful and get this much satisfaction from having brushed him off, but I am.
The night ended with a thoughtful e-card from Sweetheart.
In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have sent Pretender's dad a greeting card this week. I think it may have arrived today or yesterday, hence looked too much like a Valentine's thing. Imagine that, your ex-girlfriend sending your dad a valentine's card. It was actually a "Congratulations on your retirement and on starting your own business" card.
Pretender recently told me that his dad asked about me and wanted to see me. He asked if I'd be willing to see his dad and I said that I would. Pretender then offered to take me, (here is where the power struggle begins, the following ensued for a few minutes), I refused and asked him for his dad's business address so that I could go for myself. Pretender and said that he would have to be at this visit to "control the situation". I informed him that his dad and I actually had lots in common, he needs to get over himself, what does he think we're going to do? Talk about him? Please, don't make me pull something. He then let me believe that an address I had incorrectly remembered was where I could reach his dad. So I found an old greeting card his dad had sent me and voila.
Curiosity is not my friend, the wheels in my head are spinning and I may just answer Pretender maybe not the next time he contacts me but the time after that.
1- Does it look like I sent his dad a valentine? I cringe at the thought, a married man with 3 children, one of whom I dated!
2- How weird is it that I did that? Also, did his dad really ask about me recently and said he wanted to see me? cuz if he didn't ask, and Pretender just used that lie to make conversation and because he knows how close his dad and I were, his dad must think I am so crazy.
3- I completely brought this situation onto myself, didn't I? This is why my life is mine, who else would come up with such great material?
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment